POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Enter the port - 114 kbau : Re: Enter the port - 114 kbau Server Time
18 Aug 2024 12:18:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Enter the port - 114 kbau
From: Ross Litscher
Date: 26 Apr 2001 19:53:43
Message: <3ae8b507@news.povray.org>
Hmm. There is something not quite right. Maybe it's a scale problem. I think
it is. But i don't know what is out of scale. Maybe the flame in the
lighthouse. Maybe the waves. I'm trying to picture everything in relation to
a human standing in the scene some place.

the clouds are really nice. they look quite realistic in their placement and
look. although what might look *really* nice is a line of clouds off in the
distance where a cold front might be meeting a warm front. I always remember
when i was younger and out on the Atlantic trying to race back to the inlet
before a storm moved in. It was always exciting and scarey, especially near
dusk when the sun was just about to dip below the horizon. which, although
the boats are different, this picture reminds me of.

generally it's a nice image :)

ross.